On Top and Rising

Monday, September 04, 2006

Can You Be Word of Faith and Emergent?

I guess I am about to find out. My family and I have been attending Living Word Christian Center in Brooklyn Park for a month now. I eventually had to find a permanant home for my four kids. As an emergent I still seek that new and emerging ministry that reaches new people in a new way for Christ. Until then I have planted myself in a location that features one of the best children's ministries in the country.

As a former seminarian and process theologian, I get ribbed a lot.... like a lot for having gone to "Cementary". However, I wear it with pride. One thing that having an education allows me to do is to more critically engage with the congregation. (or mass or mall... I don't know?) Going to seminary was never the problem for me. It was the deconstructing and reconstructing my theology that challenged me. As sure as I know that I am saved, I am sure that God wants me to walk out my baptism unto perfection. (Ya know Wesley never got there, but hey it's a goal!)

I just needed a change of view and perspective. And LWCC is absolutely amazing at how it approaches the infrastructure of reengineering itself. Although some of the theology isn't in line with my theology, there is enough commonality to warrant hanging out. Check out the website: www.LWCC.org. It is a solid example of what the emerging movement can and should be doing to attract members. The overall infrastructure and missional statement alone should be taught in all seminary emerging practices classes.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home